First Home Owner Grant (FHOG)
The FHOG scheme is a national scheme funded by the Federal Government, but administered through each state or territory Revenue Office. The amount available ranges from $5,000 up to $25,000.
Who is eligible for the grant?
- You must be an Australian citizen or a permanent resident of Australia
- You must intend to live in the home as your primary residence within 12 months of settlement
- There are no restrictions as to your income or the area in which you plan to buy or build
- You must be buying or building your first home in Australia
- If you’re planning to purchase your first home with another person, both of you must meet the eligibility criteria